Saturday, May 3, 2008

Self Portrait

MIND

When you take a peek inside
This fucked up mind of mine
While some may run and hide
You may think I am divine
Between the dark and light
There's nothing but the grey
So I'm ever losing sight
Ever losing my way
Each time I find a path
Walls stand blocking me
I seek to vent my wrath
On all those mocking me
For momentary lapses
For showing my gentle guise
They watch as my heart collapses
Under the weight of their malicious lies
So I beg you to stick around
I sincerely hope you do
For if daemons are to be found
I've got angels in me too

*********

BODY

Desire the chrysanthemum
And you'll find she's quite the rose
Her petals just as delicate
If not inspiring poetry or prose
Her heavy blooms just as pleasing
Though not pert and petite
Her perfume not as strong
Yet her nectar just as sweet
Her blossoms envelope you completely
While roses bruise and break
Yet alas, given her beauty
Her, for the rose they will forsake
Just remember, though the rose sparkles
In the dew of the early morn
The chrysanthemum is just as lovely
And does not bear the thorns


*********


HEART

Tatters fly in the wind
Consumed by the raging storm
These are the remains of my heart
Please tell me it's not the norm
For once it was so red
Like berries so sweet
Now it is grey and rotted
Like maggot-ridden meat
Someone always picks the scabs
Each time it has been healed
Rips apart the stitches
Each time a cut has sealed
Now you know my friend
Why at times I shift and switch
One minute angel girl
The next a devil bitch


**********


SPIRIT


Dragon breath fills my lungs
Wolf cry escapes my lips
Hawk wings caress my hair
Cat purrs under my fingertips
Soul as old as stones
Knowledge yet revealed
Power still untapped
Mystery still concealed
Cauldron calling to be filled
Candle crying to be lit
Bell begging to be rung
Spell seeking to be writ
Phoenix raised from the fires
Survivor of the flame
Now you know my Spirit
Can you speak my name?

No comments: